What You Should Know
As the buyer/borrower, the first thing you need to know in selecting a title company is that you can choose any title agent that you want. You have the legal right to select your title company.
Some realtors or lenders own or have controlled business arrangements with title companies and, therefore, benefit financially when you choose their title agency. But choosing their title agency may not work to your advantage.
We pride ourselves on our independence so that the only partner we’re benefitting is you.
There are a number of service issues you should consider when you choose a title agency. We’d be happy to show you how we’ve mastered each of these:
- Knowledge of the industry & local market— Experience is the key factor when it comes to resolving unexpected title issues. Our in-house attorneys, paralegals and trained title officers have a depth of knowledge and experience other agencies cannot match.
- Convenience— Counselors has two offices to serve your needs.
- Turn-around time— Counselors can be ready for closing on most residential transactions within 5 business days.
- Courtesy— We demand a level of professional courtesy among ourselves, and strive to provide the best level of service to our customers and clients every day.
- Award winning service – Chris Darby was named Affiliate of the Year by the Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors (GCAAR), of which Darby, Nalls, Smyth & Muldoon also serves as legal counsel.
- Personal commitment – Counselors works to identify problems and resolve them quickly to get a closing completed on schedule.
See a list of resources that will describe the title process in more depth, or give us a call; we’d be happy to meet with you and discuss how we can assist in your title transaction.